Microsoft fails AGAIN to get through a patch tuesday without bricking computers.
So since 2015 we still haven't gone a single month without patches destroying Windows machines.
facebook’s new chief lawyer helped draft the patriot act
@socialskeleton @switchingsocial Brave also includes an alt right wiki in its default search engines that Brendan Eich went out of his way to get added https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/5475
Jordan Peterson Reddit fans starting to question the bigness of their genius-brain validator in chief.
If he'd actually been in a debate with a full-on Marxist economics professor (Richard Wolff) he would've been wrecked so hard even black hole astrophysicists and Googolplex-flop supercomputers wouldn't be able to image him again.
Jordan Peterson, Jungian Archetypes and Masculinity
This is very good
>America implements stupid copyright rules and aggressively polices them across the entire globe for decades
>Robert Mewler's report is taken down by an American company using automated software written to comply with American copyright laws
>America: THIS IS THE FUTURE EUROPE WANTS!?!?! EU A STUPIDS
Ancestry pulls ad that appears to romanticize slavery after backlash.
"Can I fully control my Android phone?": No, you can't.
– in our tests, AFWall+ leaked DNS queries of all apps on the device (including blocked apps), making it easy to determine apps installed on the phone
– updating Android doesn't imply that firmware vulnerabilities get fixed
– apps from F-Droid/Play Store etc. can still leak personal data as shown in our /e/ article
– besides, your proprietary baseband processor, GPS, sensors etc. remain out of control
Facebook always in the news. This time: Millions of passwords of Instagram users stored in plaintext:
– millions of plaintext passwords of Instagram and Facebook users were accessible to Facebook
– besides, Facebook stored 1.5 million records of users without their consent or knowledge
Microsoft Windows Tiles falls prey to a subdomain takeover, hilarity ensures.
New Neckbeard Deathcamp album:
So Much For the Tolerant Left 😂
Facebook are not deleting email contact data
Facebook says it is deleting the contacts that it scammed out of new users since 2016.
Notice it is NOT deleting the data it derived from those contacts i.e. the social graph and any other useful data that they could calculate from the raw contacts.
Web Dev, General Annoyance
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!